Group Head: Shri N. Sivakumar, Scientist ‘E’
Concrete Diagnostics and Chemistry group comprises of Concrete Diagnostics division, Concrete Chemistry division, and Special Studies division. Main activities are:
- Field investigation facilities include deployment of non-destructive testing equipment by Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity method using PUNDIT in assessing the insitu quality of the structure (concrete and masonry) in question.
- Diagnostic investigation/Health Monitoring
- Material for repair and rehabilitation
- Petrography studies
- Chemical investigation of construction materials
- Durability of concrete
- Chemistry and Mineralogy
- Instrumental methods of analysis
- Water quality testing
- Alkali Aggregate reaction studies
- New material - Polymer, Grout etc.
- SC/SFRC/ HPC/HSC/CFRD