Group Head: Dr. R. Chitra, Scientist ‘E’
Rockfill, Soil Dynamics group comprises of Rockfill Technology division, Soil Dynamics division, and Geosynthetics division. Main activities are:
- Characterization of soil under dynamic loading condition including evaluation of liquefaction potential.
- Strength and deformation characteristics of rockfill materials.
- Evaluation of properties such as tensile strength, resistance, thickness, apparent opening size, permeability, interface friction and the pull out resistance of Geosynthetic materials.
- Quality and assurance work of rockfill dams.
- Numerical Modelling
- Dissemination of expertise to in-service engineers of various State Government Departments by establishing regional testing laboratories and impart training.