Group Head: Shri S. L. Gupta, Scientist ‘E’
Rock Mechanics (I) group comprises of Rock Mechanics Field division, and Engineering Geophysics division. Main activities are:
- In-situ stress, rock deformability, shear stranth parameter etc.
- Geophysical investigations/Sub surface exploration.
- A Remote operated under water Vehicle (ROV) to detect the cracks, voids etc on the surface of concrete/masonary dam under water.
- Numerical Modelling.
- Dissemination of expertise to in-service engineers of various State Government Departments by establishing regional testing laboratories and impart training in in-situ testing of rock.
- Impart training to engineers from within the country and from overseas for investigation and testing in the fields of Geotechnical Engineering.
- Store division.